Monday, May 7, 2012

It starts...

SO, I have decided to run a half-marathon! Yeah, crazy right? Yeah, I think so too. Sept 2nd is only 117 days away. 


I had been thinking about upping my running for a while now. I had done a few 5Ks and a 10K already, so why not up it to the next one? I was going back and forth on this for a while until I heard about  Team in Training. They are an AMAZING organization that not only raises money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society, but also works with you to make sure you make it across the finish line with tons of training (since I was a little scared of taking that marathon leap, this was a big plus) So I looked up the next few runs and behold they are training for a run at (drum roll......) Disneyland! Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a huge Disney nerd. That was all the convincing I needed: raise money for an amazing cause AND get to run around Disneyland?! Where do I sign? 


So there it is.. the start of my journey to finish the 13.1 miles. Come on back to stay updated on what I am up to and how the training and fundraising is going.


Next up: meet my coach, acquire good running shoes, find a nice running spot (partners welcomed!) and START my training. 


1 comment:

  1. Goodluck to the smartest and most upbeat person ive ever met. U can do it b and il b behind u every step of the way. This just shows how truely amazing u are. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete