Saturday, May 12, 2012

First Run...

I went for my first run today. Did my mile in 13:35. Not the greatest. At this rate I will be finishing my run in about 4 hours. I'm trying not to worry about this too much since I have a solid 16 weeks to train and get to a better time. Hoping my Achilles tendonitis doesn't mess with me too much. 


I still haven't gotten my running shoes. TNT let me know that we will be having a shoe clinic coming up, and Run With Us will be giving a sweet discount. So waiting till then. I am crossing my fingers in hopes that the shoes that best fit me will be cute. Hey, just because I am training doesn't mean I can't be cute! Anywho, currently icing my ankle, watching Parks and Rec, and drinking a chocolate milk icee. I really like that chocolate milk is an after run snack. 




I  will only be running a mile at a time for a bit. Testing out my ankle and my patience. I have a loooong way to go and it will not be easy. Let's do this! 


Date: May 12
Weight: 136lbs
Distance: 1mile
Time: 13:35

No comments:

Post a Comment