Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Eating healthier...

For a while now I have been wanting to eat healthier and make better choices. I am a big foodie and love to try new things - even if that new thing is a chocolate covered bacon donut (yum! btw) But let's be honest - I've put on a few lbs and those extra lbs will not help with my running. This marathon was the last push I needed to make better choices on what I eat.

So today for lunch I have prepared a "Salad in a Jar" I look around a few food blogs and this recipe caught my attention. I'm pretty busy most of the time so cooking dinner and preparing lunch is not something I do often. This recipe is perfect for the quick and easy lunch. I can pack a few at the beginning of the week and BAM! lunch for a a few days. 

This specific one has...
  • Light Italian Dressing
  • Chicken Breast 
  • Garbanzo Beans
  • Carrots
  • Beets (bears eat beets, you know) 
  • Broccoli 
  • Spinach
  • and a few crumbles of Fetta you cant see 
You can easily replace the chicken with tuna, tofu, etc. You can also play around with the veggie combinations. I picked up some olives, peppers, and cucumbers for other salads. I plan on making a few of these and possibly throwing it in a wrap. Switching it up a bit, because I can get tired of the same thing for lunch, real quick. 

I found this drawing and decided to follow the suggestions on what ingredients goes wear.  Just shake it up and you  have your lunch!  Let me know of any of your favorite lunches or suggestions on meals to eat when training! 







Salad in a Target Twist and Lock Salad in a Jar

No comments:

Post a Comment